Home Remedies to Remove Fungi from the Nails are basically simple to follow. In addition, fungal infections affecting the nails of the feet and hands are known in medical terms as onychomycosis, a condition that can cause discoloration, peeling, and weakening of the nails.
Due to the environment in which it develops, this fungal infection is the one with the highest incidence worldwide, and reaches approximately 3% to 4% of the population. Women are routinely exposed to fungi through the use of acrylic nails, but it is the Men who suffer more from this problem, but these home remedies are meant for both sexes.
Mycosis on the nails is more common in the feet than in the hands, because shoes, socks or exposure to hot and humid places favors their proliferation. However, regardless of the part of the affected body, this condition is quite uncomfortable and can bring about cosmetic problems due to the symptoms it produces, and the way it weakens the nails. In addition, other factors that may increase the risk of developing fungal nails are:
- Have Diabetes.
- Wear socks and shoes that prevent ventilation and do not absorb sweat.
- Sweating excessively.
- Nail injuries.
- Walking barefoot in damp public places, such as swimming pools, gyms and showers.
- Have impaired circulation or weakened immune systems.
- Working in a humid environment.
- Suffer from psoriasis.
- Have athlete’s foot.
It is important to be consistent with the treatment for the nail fungus as it can take up to two months to see the results. So check out the 6 Home Remedies to Remove Fungus from the Nails.
- Eliminate Fungus on the Nails with Garlic: Garlic is a famous ingredient has an important antibiotic and antimicrobial action, which favors the elimination of gems and fungi to prevent and treat infections. So, how to use it?
Knead 10 cloves of garlic until a paste forms. Put it in a container with warm water, Let stand for a few minutes and, Then keep the affected areas submerged for 15 minutes.
- Eliminate fungus on nails with salt: This homemade recipe to remove nail fungus is very simple, check below:
- Wash your feet and leave your nails wet,
- Put salt on your nails and put on socks.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Eliminate Fungi On the Nails With Lemon Juice: The Lemon Having antibiotic and antifungal qualities make this food a good ally to effectively eliminate this problem. So, how to use it?
- Extract the juice of some Lemons and,
- Then insert the affected areas into the liquid.
- Another simpler option is to rub the lemon directly onto infected nails.
- Eliminate Fungi on the Nails With Vick Vaporub: Believe it or not Vick Vaporub that is used for headaches and colds has also been very successful in combating nail fungus. So, how to use it?
- Wash and dry your feet well,
- Then apply a bit of Vapor Vaporub on your nails and let it stay.
- We must do this twice a day until we notice an improvement.
- Eliminate Nail Fungi With Baking Soda: This alkaline ingredient also fights fungi and other microorganisms that affect the health of our nails. So, how to use it?
Prepare a paste consisting of baking soda and lemon juice, Apply directly to affected areas. You can also pick up the baking soda and put some inside the shoes, to combat the micro-organisms that live in our shoes.
- Eliminate Nail Fungi With Apple Vinegar: The acid contained in Apple Vinegar is an active compound that helps eradicate fungi on both the nails of the hands and feet. In addition, its alkaline properties regulate the pH of the skin, changing the conditions that the fungi need to propagate. So, how to use it?
Prepare equal parts of Apple Vinegar with water. Keep your hands or feet submerged in the solution for 15 to 20 minutes. After the treatment, Dry the treated regions very well. Then apply a moisturizer.