The 18 Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore Because of the daily problems of everyday life, many people do not realize the symptoms that the body shows when something is not right with health. In addition, for you to have a general idea of this picture, it is known for example that here in Brazil, 1 in 5 infected people still does not know they have the virus, which makes the situation really alarming. It is that most infected people end up confusing these signs as an influenza or viral infection, ie it is common for a virus carrier to simply ignore or even remember that they have felt like this.
Consequently he does not seek help, delaying the start of treatment, and also unintentionally contaminating other people, precisely because he does not know that he has the disease. But what is AIDS? AIDS is the most advanced stage of the disease that attacks the immune system.
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, as it is also called, is caused by HIV. As this virus attacks the defense cells of our body, the body becomes more vulnerable to various diseases, from a simple cold to more serious infections such as tuberculosis or cancer. This period ranges from 3 to 6 weeks. And the body takes 30-60 days after infection to produce anti-HIV antibodies.
The first symptoms are very similar to those of a flu, such as fever and malaise. That is why most cases go unnoticed. The symptoms that characterize HIV infection as we can see are common and in some ways even considered normal, so they can easily be confused with other problems. It is worth remembering that being infected with HIV does not necessarily mean having AIDS, since AIDS is the disease that the HIV virus causes.
After this first infection moment occurs because of the contamination, years can pass without any other symptom develops, this is the phase known as the incubation period of the virus. A person is diagnosed with AIDS only when he has a CD4 lymphocyte count below 200 cells / mm3 (a healthy adult has an average of 800 / mm3 to 1200 / mm3) and also has the appearance of some AIDS-defining illness , That is, to acquire some opportunistic disease, that takes advantage of the fragility of the organism to attack it. So, now know The 18 Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore.
- Symptoms Starts AIDS: It’s worth remembering that the person may be carrying the virus of not developing themselves if diagnosed in time. What we are going to see now are the Symptoms of AIDS that Many Ignore after the person acquire the virus. Which is still in incubation mode.
- Persistent fever: In 80% of cases, the onset of a fever occurs on average 38 ° to 40 °. This is also the Symptoms of AIDS that Many Ignore most common that occurs during acute infection.
- Prolonged Dry Cough and Scratched Throat: Pharyngitis is also one of the Symptoms of AIDS that Many Ignore quite common, and occurs without enlargement of the tonsils and also without the presence of pus. Besides the dry cough and scratching throat.
- Night Sweats: For many people this can be a natural symptom, which they constantly pass. But if this does not happen naturally to you, it can be considered a stronger sign of HIV infection. Being easily one of the Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore.
- Muscle and joint pain: Muscle and joint pain are also very common, which can lead to feelings of discomfort, lack of disposition and fatigue.
- Reddish Smears and Small Red or Skin-Damaged Polots: Stains are symptoms of AIDS that many people do not know that usually appear within 48 to 72 hours after the onset of fever, and may prevail for 5 to 8 days. Its appearance is usually rounded, being smaller than 1 cm, reddish and with a discreet relief. The regions most affected by blemishes are the chest, neck and face.
- Symptoms after the Incubation Period: These AIDS Symptoms that Many Ignore may take a long time to emerge, and usually arise when the HIV virus is present in large quantities in the body and the defense cells have very low numbers compared to a Healthy adult individual. In addition, at this stage where the disease presents symptoms, opportunistic diseases usually arise such as viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, pneumonia or toxoplasmosis for example, because the immune system is weak and weak.
- Fungus Action on the Nails: Other Symptoms of AIDS Many who are ignorant of late HIV infection are changes in nails, nail splitting, or discoloration (black or brown lines that go vertically or horizontally). Often this is due to a fungal infection, such as candida. Patients with depleted immune systems will be more susceptible to fungal infections.
- Headaches and Difficulties of Concentration: Cognitive problems may be a sign of HIV-related dementia, which usually occurs late in the course of the disease. In addition to confusion and difficulty concentrating, AIDS-related dementia may also involve memory problems and behavioral problems, such as anger or irritability. It can even include motor changes, become awkward, lack coordination, and problems with tasks that require fine motor skills, such as handwriting. Being one of the problems Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore.
- Tiredness, Fatigue, and Energy Loss: As pneumonia and tuberculosis are opportunistic diseases, that is, diseases that take advantage of the fragility of the body of its victims to establish themselves, they are also very frequent in people with AIDS.
- Rapid Weight Loss: Weight loss in HIV patients usually occurs as a consequence of some other factor, being the most common of the Symptoms of AIDS that Many Ignore them the persistence of diarrhea and nausea.
- Oral or Genital Candidiasis: Candida is a fungus that can be found naturally in our body. But when his growth happens in a rampant way he becomes the cause of an uncomfortable infection, the candidiasis. In addition, what can usually trigger a candidiasis can vary, but its main aggravating factor is low immunity, which is why it may be so recurrent in serum positive that they are already suffering from the damage caused by the HIV virus.
- Diarrhea, Constant Nausea and Vomiting: Anywhere from 30% to 60% of people have short term nausea, vomiting or diarrhea in the early stages of HIV. In addition, these AIDS Symptoms That Many Ignore may also appear as a result of antiretroviral therapy and subsequently in infection, usually as the result of an opportunistic infection. When Diarrhea is incessant and does not respond to usual medication may be an indication of HIV. Or the symptoms can be caused by an organism that is not usually seen in people with healthy immune system.
- Fungal Infections: Other Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore is the fungal infection that is common in later stages is thrush, an infection in the mouth caused by Candida, a type of yeast. In addition, it is a very common fungus that causes fungal infections in women. They tend to appear in the mouth or esophagus, which makes it difficult to swallow. Emergence of thrush infection is difficult to clear, more disappear after the treatment of the disease begins.
- Cutaneous Eruption: Skin rashes may occur at the beginning or end of the development of HIV / AIDS. It is one of the Symptoms of AIDS That Many Ignore, they are like boils, with some pink areas developing itching in my arms. In addition, rashes may also appear on the body trunk. If your rashes are not easily explained or easily treated, you should consider getting an HIV test.
- Tingling and Weakness: HIV can also cause numbness and tingling in the hands and feet. In addition, it is called peripheral neuropathy, which also occurs in people with uncontrolled diabetes. This is when the nerves are really damaged. These AIDS Symptoms That Many Ignore can be treated with overdose of analgesics and anticonvulsant medications such as Neurontin (Gabapentin).
- Menstrual Irregularities: Advanced HIV disease appears to increase the risk of having menstrual irregularities, such as fewer and milder periods. These changes, however, probably have more to do with weight loss and health problems of women with late-stage infection, rather than the infection itself.
- AIDS has Treatment ?: AIDS is a disease that has no cure and therefore its treatment has to be done for the rest of the life, being the main objective of the treatment the strengthening of the immune system and the combat of the virus, Controlling and reducing their amount in the blood. In addition, AIDS treatment is done with a cocktail with different medicines such as Efavirenz, Lamivudine and Viread and these are provided free of charge by the government, as well as all the tests needed to evaluate and monitor the disease.